Determining if offsite construction is a feasible option for your project during the early planning stages can lead to time, cost, labor resourcing, safety, weather, and quality control advantages. Think offsite first and enjoy the benefits of The Smart Choice®.
Granite Falls Police Department
Granite Falls, WA
The Granite Falls Police Department needed a new facility that would reflect the style and richness of its next-door neighbor, City Hall. This 2464 square foot police station included a large front porch, custom corbels, board-and-batten siding, and a matching roof to create a complimentary aesthetic.
The initial plan was to remodel the existing Police Department, but all bids came in over budget. Modern offered an alternative with modular construction; they were able to build an entirely new facility that met city budget constraints.
- The front of the building and the lobby were required to have bulletproof windows.
- The windows and front doors were custom-made to meet the City’s aesthetic requirements.
- The custom corbels were made by a local manufacturer, adding a local touch while saving on transport costs.
- Even with the pandemic in full swing and several customizations, the Police Department only took thirteen months to complete, from February 2020 to March of 2021.
- The building module was built off-site and then delivered, eliminating much of the waste from traditional construction.
- Building the Police Department at one of Modern’s plants ensured product quality and longevity, as it was protected from the elements from start to finish.
2464 Square Feet