Portable Modular Classroom
Portables have long provided classroom space for schools in a fast, cost effective manner. Today’s portables can easily be upgraded, sized, and configured to meet any school space needs.
- $80 sq ft +/-, depending on finishes & options selected
- 1 week on-site time for setup
- 75-120 day lead time for new units (30 day lead time with used units)
- 20 year life span with proper maintenance
Top 5 Benefits:
- Flexibility to lease or purchase
- Ability to set up and relocate easily with minimal site disturbance
- Cost effective
- New or used options
- Block and level foundation set up with minimal site preparation (requires ADA ramping access systems)
Permanent Modular Classroom
Permanent modular classroom buildings are a long term and cost effective investment for school districts. According to most school districts, portables are most often intended to serve for a short term. Due to ever changing facility needs, bonds not passing, and other factors, portables end up staying an average of 10-20 years.
- $130-$180 sq ft +/-, depending on finishes selected & scope of work
- 4-6 weeks of site time for setup & completion, depending on size and scope
- 120-150 day lead time
- 40-50 year life span with proper maintenance
Top 5 Benefits:
- Permanent modular buildings can be easily expanded on if additional classrooms are needed in the future.
- Where portable classrooms may lack in aesthetic appeal in relation to the rest of the campus, permanent modular classroom buildings can cost effectively be designed to integrate with existing building architecture.
- A permanent modular building can be built at lower costs, faster construction schedule, and with less impact to existing school operations than traditional stick built construction.
- Varying 8’-10’ ceiling heights
- Building set at grade level, on permanent concrete foundations (no ramps are needed)