ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry. As one of our Siding Assistants, you will provide necessary support for our Siding Department, including management of workflow at the Siding Station, prep-work, and cleanup.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation is $16.50/hr., depending on experience, unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
Total compensations include:
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measures and prepares materials for the Siding Station.
- Ensures proper materials are in place for the Siding Station crew.
- Reads and follows written and oral instruction.
- Use of construction tools and ladders at varying heights.
- Area clean up.
- Must be physically able to lift <60lbs, push, pull, maneuver, and carry items.
- Must physically be able be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, and reach.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred but, we are willing to train the right candidate who possesses a willingness to grow and learn.
This job typically requires six months of siding experience. Must be able to read a tape measure, have basic knowledge in siding, basic knowledge of math and construction tools. Ability to read and understand blueprints is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.