ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
YOUR ROLE: As Roofing Layer, you will support the Roofing crew by performing basic roofing tasks. At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation is dependent on experience. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily Per Diem and company-paid lodging for overnight travel
- Davis Bacon Wage/ Prevailing Wage Opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Health
- 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measure and prepare materials for the roof station
- Ensures proper materials are in place for the roof station crew
- Read and follow written and oral instruction
- Cleans up the area
- Performs other duties as assigned
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred but, we are willing to train the right candidate who possesses a willingness to grow and learn.
- Six months of construction framing experience or three months working in a
- Modular Manufacturing Facility
- Must be able to read a tape measure and have basic knowledge of roofing materials, roofing and construction tools
- Pride in committing to achieving Company and personal goals
- Ability to follow detailed plans
- Detailed oriented to produce high-quality work
- Problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.