ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will be able to showcase your talents, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and join a winning team of innovators and respected leaders in the modular building industry. As one of our Service Call Maintenance Techs, you will support all departments by repairing or servicing modular units when necessary.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation is dependent on experience. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily per diem and company-paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remodels units as required, installing and removing walls.
- Maintains tools.
- Responsible for re-siding and dry-rot repairs.
- Demos and re-roof units.
- Paints units.
- Mobile running gear (axles, tires, brakes).
- Shuffles mobile and modular units.
- Installs flooring, carpets, and UCT.
- Follows written and/or oral instruction given by the Station Lead.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- One year or more of experience in the construction of mobile modular buildings.
- Must be able to read a tape measure and have basic knowledge of construction tools.
- Must be able to work at varying heights up to 20 feet.
- Pride and commitment to achieving company and personal goals.
- Ability to follow detailed plans.
- Detailed oriented.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.
How To Apply
Download the fillable PDF application below and email it to Human Resources OR fill out the online application. Please make sure to follow all instructions for submitting your application.