ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
YOUR ROLE: As Wall Framer, you will support the Framing department by performing basic tasks. At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Wage depending on experience unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily Per Diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel
- Davis Bacon Wage/ Prevailing Wage Opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Health
- 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measures and prepares materials for wall framing
- Ensures proper materials are in place for the wall framers
- Cleans work area
- Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred but, we are willing to train the right candidate who possesses a willingness to grow and learn.
- Six months of framing experience
- Basic knowledge of construction tools
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to climb ladders of various heights
- Ability to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods, performing strenuous physical labor
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, often surrounded by loud noise levels
- Ability to understand, follow, and transmit written/oral instructions
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.