ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will be able to showcase your talents, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and join a winning team of innovators and respected leaders in the modular building industry. As one of our Service Call Maintenance Techs, you will support all departments by repairing or servicing modular units when necessary.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation starts at $20/hr, DOE. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
Total compensations include:
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Self-motivated Leader with the ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Customer service focused with an emphasis on quality.
- Responsible for re-siding and dry-rot repairs of modular units.
- Repair and re-roof modular units.
- Paints modular units.
- Repairs and or replaces flooring, carpets, and hard surface products.
- Communicates effectively, and Follows written and oral instruction.
- Door installations and adjustment.
- Assists other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
- Must be physically able to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, push, pull, carry, and manipulate large and/or heavy items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- One year or more experience in construction of mobile modular buildings.
- General knowledge of commercial construction, terms, and procedure.
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge and experience of power tools, general tool safety, and basic computer skills or equivalent combination of education and experience,
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Must be able to be insured with company insurance
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test prior to employment.
- Must be able to travel to job sites when needed.
- Must be able to work at various heights of up to 20 feet.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.