ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The Modular Building Technician position allows for indoor and outdoor work. We are the leader in the commercial modular construction industry serving multiple industry sectors along the west coast from Modern Building Systems is active in all aspects of construction, including; design, engineering, manufacturing, transportation, and planning services for its clients.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation starts at $20-$25/hr. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair and remodel mobile offices.
- Clean and help transport mobile offices and modular buildings to client sites.
- Repairs and cleans yard/branch equipment as necessary.
- Stocks buildings prior to shipment and inventory needed in installation.
- Notifies management of order needs in a timely manner.
- Maintains and cleans the yard and office as necessary.
- Maintains accurate transportation records.
- Maintains stocked inventory sheets for all available units.
- Must be physically able to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, push, pull, carry, and manipulate large and/or heavy items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- Six months of experience in general construction, repairs, and carpentry.
- General knowledge of commercial construction, terms, and procedures.
- Knowledge of HVAC and/or electrical systems.
- Six months of experience with forklift operation.
- Knowledge and use of power tools and general tool safety and basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to travel to job sites on occasion.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.