ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The primary purpose of this position is to be the understudy of the current Framing Supervisor, while absorbing the culture, learning the specific ins and outs of the positions, and supervising all activities occurring in the Framing Department.
This position is in a controlled environment, eliminating the exposure to the Pacific Northwest’s elements.
At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Wage $60,000+ (depends on experience). Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily Per Diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel
- Davis Bacon Wage/ Prevailing Wage Opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Health
- 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with Design Department to ensure compatibility of products and code compliance
- Verifies layout and material requirements for each project
- Ensures required materials and tools are available for upcoming jobs
- Ensures that tools and equipment are properly maintained, secure, and accounted for
- Required to oversee a wide variety of activities related to the installation of commercial finish products
- Ensures consistent compliance with established production schedules and budgets
- Monitors staffing and works with Plant Construction Manager to adjust staffing levels as needed
- Ensures that company procedures are consistently applied and adhered to
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, and disciplining of crewmembers
- Ensures the proper training and monitoring of crewmembers
- Maintains consistent quality and safety standards and maintains all required documentation
- Coordinates department activities with other affected crew leaders
- Verifies required final inspections have been performed and passed
- Verifies final finish QC has been completed and documented
- Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work.
- 5 years of direct supervision of crewmembers engaged in the application of commercial finish products- Required.
- Office Suite Familiar
- Must be physically able to lift <6olbs, push, pull, maneuver, and carry items.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness to surrounding areas and tasks at hand
- Construction Tools: Working knowledge of all tools required for this installation of commercial finish products
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.