ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will be able to showcase your talents, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and join a winning team of innovators and respected leaders in the modular building industry. As one of our Finishing Carpenters you will assist the Lead in the final stages of construction for modular buildings, including the installation of all finish trims, window surrounds, casing, base, toilet partitions, and bathroom accessories.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation starts at $???/hr, unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
Total compensations include:
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructs crew members to ensure proper materials are in place for the Finishing Station.
- Reading and following written and/oral instruction given by the Station Lead.
- Performing all phases of final finish through completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Use of construction tools such as table saws, chop saws, and sanders.
- Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, and reach.
- Must be physically able to push, pull, maneuver, and carry items.
- Must be physically able to llift <60 lbs.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention for repetitive and/or diversified work.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- One or more years of construction and finishing experience.
- The ability to read a tape measurer and have basic knowledge of construction tools.
- A commitment to the achievement of personal and company goals.
- The ability to follow detailed plans.
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- The ability to read a blueprint is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.