ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
The primary purpose of this position is to lead the finish crew in the final stages of construction for modular buildings by performing tasks as assigned. At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Wage depending on experience unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily Per Diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel
- Davis Bacon Wage/ Prevailing Wage Opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Health
- 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies ceiling Quality Control has been done
- Verifies layout and materials for jobs
- Coordinates the stocking of materials when appropriate
- Installs trim and accessories to specification
- Ensures materials and tools are available for upcoming jobs
- Ensures that tools and equipment are properly maintained
- Monitors staffing needs and works with Finish Supervisor to adjust staffing
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Ensures the proper training of crew members
- Maintains quality and safety standards
- Coordinates activities with other crew leaders
- Use of construction tools such as Table Saw, Chop Saw, and Sanders
- Must be physically able to lift <60lbs, push, pull, maneuver, and carry items
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred but, we are willing to train the right candidate who possesses a willingness to grow and learn.
This job typically requires two years of construction and finish experience. Must be able to read a tape measure, have basic knowledge of math, and construction tools. Ability to read and understand blueprints is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.