ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry. As one of our Door Finishing Leads, you will manage a small team that oversees our commercial doors through their finishing processes, including the setting and installment of commercial grade interior and exterior doors and hardware.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation is $20-$25/hr, depending on experience, unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
Total compensations include:
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies quality control has been done.
- Verifies hardware and materials for jobs.
- Coordinates the stocking of material when appropriate.
- Installs commercial doors, hardware, and trim to specification.
- Ensures materials and tools are available for upcoming jobs.
- Ensures that tools and equipment are properly maintained.
- Monitors staffing needs and works with the Finish Supervisor to adjust staffing.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Ensures the proper training of crewmembers.
- Maintains quality and safety standards.
- Coordinates activities with other crew leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- One year or more of experience installing doors and hardware.
- Must have knowledge in hollow-metal, knock down, and welded frames, panic hardware, closers, and levers.
- The ability to read a tape measurer and have basic knowledge of construction tools.
- A commitment to the achievement of personal and company goals.
- The ability to follow detailed plans.
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- The ability to read a blueprint is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.