ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry. As one of our Door Assistants, you will support the Door Station Lead by performing tasks as assigned within the Finish Department.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation starts at $16.50/hr., depending on experience, unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
Total compensations include:
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures proper materials are in place for the Door Station.
- Reads and follows written and/or oral instruction given by the Station Lead.
- Performs all various door and hardware installation through to completion.
- Area clean up.
- Must be physically able to lift <60lbs, push, pull, maneuver, and carry items.
- Must be physically able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, and reach.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- One year or more of experience installing doors and hardware.
- Must be able to read a tape measurer and have basic knowledge of construction tools.
- Commitment to the achievement of personal and company goals.
- Ability to follow detailed plans.
- Detailed oriented.
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.