ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
To research, pursue, and close opportunities for renting and selling modular buildings across a variety of industry segments; ranging from short-term leasing transactions to multimillion-dollar custom builds. Develop a robust pipeline of new business, as well as cultivating continuing relationships, to increase market share. To help maintain Modern Building Systems’ cultural integrity by working with our team to provide high-quality service and management for projects that reflect a challenging variety of complexity & scope. Lead projects from conception through completion as a purposeful and detail-oriented project manager. At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself to build a career, and be a part of a winning team. We offer a support system to ensure steady work with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Wage depending on experience unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily Per Diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel
- Davis Bacon Wage/ Prevailing Wage Opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Health
- 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare detailed leasing & sales quotes to meet customer inquiries as well as responding to posted RFQ opportunities. Actively use government contracting systems and procurement processes.
· Project management to final occupancy of building.
· New business prospecting, fostering long lasting customer relationships & building on Modern’s existing customer longevity and referral business.
· Establishing effective customer communication through face to face contact, phone & email. Understanding and correctly translating customer’s expressed needs and project vision.
· Dispel myths and triumph the truth of modular building’s cutting-edge processes and flexibility.
· Read & understand technical scopes, CAD drawings/blueprints and project specifications as an involved project manager, for a variety of commercial industries (education, government, healthcare, industrial,commercial offices, retail, etc.).
· Collaborates with other team members (design, production,purchasing, quality control, service, lease fleet manager, etc.) to provide solutions for customers that ensure projects are delivered on time & within budget.
· Displays positive attitude & drive to cultivated product excellence & customer satisfaction at a level that maximizes opportunities for repeat business; including tactfully handling client disputes.
· Skilled in negotiation and networking; including potential client sources, industry associations, and relationships with subcontractors (site work, installation, transportation & other services).
· Achieve or exceed sales related quotas and goals. Follow established sales & project management processes’; including prospect follow up & timely reporting displaying attention to detail. Maintain accurate documentation on customer quotes, sales contracts and specifications.
· Some local and long-distance travel required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred but, we are willing to train the right candidate who possesses a willingness to grow and learn
· The ideal Candidate would have a four year college degree, as well as three or more years experience in construction sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the commercia lmodular building industry, construction project management & design/build with technical aptitude and knowledge of construction methods, permitting, codes and certification parameters (such as LEED & other energy management systems).
· Experience with government contracting and both local & federal. Possess self motivated, resourceful work & learning habits that thrive in an environment of minimal supervision. Be competent in organization & time management skills, negotiation, presentation, and consistent project communication skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.