This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to explore the Modular Building industry as a Purchasing Assistant at a family owned business located in Aumsville, OR. This is an entry level position, with room for advancement, in a company that prides itself in their integrity and they take care of their employees. Modern Building Systems is the oldest continuously licensed commercial building manufacturer in Oregon, Washington, and California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assists purchasing manager with placing orders and inventory control.
· Works with vendors/suppliers to follow up on delivery dates and back orders.
· Maintains current and accurate files of vendor prices in spreadsheets and accounting software.
· Assists with Take offs.
· Processes material receivers.
· Researches products and vendors by phone and internet.
· Confers with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
· Tracks the status of backorders and informs appropriate departments of any issues.
· Processes HVAC packets for warranty.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
This position requires one year experience in purchasing and computerized receiving in the construction industry, basic computer, accounting, and blue print reading skills, and familiarity with the shipping and receiving process.
Wage depending on experience unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.