ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Provide support for Metal Fabrication Shop. At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Wage depending on experience unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
- Daily Per Diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel
- Davis Bacon Wage/ Prevailing Wage Opportunities
- Competitive benefits package
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Health
- 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Welding and cutting of metal
· Orders inspections as needed.
· Ensures proper materials are in place for the welding shop
· Read and follow blueprints
· Read and follow written and oral instructions given by the Weld Lead
· Cleans up the area
· Must be physically able to lift <60lbs, push, pull, maneuver,and carry items
· Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We strive to hire top candidates who aspire to build a respectable career while maintaining consistency in all aspects of their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred but, we are willing to train the right candidate who possesses a willingness to grow and learn.
This job typically requires one or more years of welding experience. This position also requires a welding certification along with experience in reading blueprints, working with metal fabrication tools, basic knowledge of math, and construction tools.
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid applicable state driver's license
- Certified Welder
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.