To lead Door Station by performing task as assigned
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Review project plans and door and hardware schedules.
- Familiarity with Assa Abloy, Schlage/Allegion as well as other commercial door and hardware products preferred.
- Verifies hardware and materials for jobs brought in matches plans and specs.
- Coordinates the stocking of material when appropriate.
- Install commercial verity of commercial doors, door hardware and Trim to Manufacturers specifications. Such as hollow metal door frames and slabs.
- Ensures materials and tools are available for upcoming jobs.
- Ensures that tools and equipment are properly maintained.
- Monitors door install schedules and staffing needs and works with Finish Supervisor to achieve on schedule.
- Maintains a lean and orderly work area.
- Delegates tasks, oversees and ensures the proper training of assigned crew members.
- Maintains quality and safety standards.
- Coordinates activities with other station leaders.
- Verifies Quality Control has been done.
· Performs other duties as assigned
This job typically requires one year or more years’ experience in commercial doors and hardware installation. Knowledge of construction tools required. Ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
Wage depending on experience unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package: dental, life, and health insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.