POSITION : Account/Project Manager (Salem/Aumsville, OR)
We are not currently accepting applications for this position. Go to Join Our Team to view more opportunities available with Modern.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To research, pursue and close opportunities for renting and selling modular buildings across a variety of industry segments; ranging from short term leasing transactions to multimillion dollar custom builds. Develop a robust pipeline of new business, as well as cultivating continuing relationships, to increase market share. Help maintain Modern’s cultural integrity by working with our team to provide high quality service and management for projects that reflect a challenging variety of complexity & Scope. Shepherd projects from conception through punch list as a purposeful and detail oriented project manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Prepare detailed leasing & sales quotes to meet customer inquires as well as responding to posted RFQ opportunities. Actively use government contracting systems and procurement processes.
- Project management to final occupancy of building.
- New business prospecting, fostering long lasting customer relationships & building on Modern’s existing customer longevity and referral business.
- Establishing effective customer communication through face to face contact, phone & email. Understanding and correctly translating customer’s expressed needs and project vision.
- Dispel myths and triumph the truth of modular building’s cutting edge processes and flexibility.
- Read & Understand technical scopes, CAD drawings/blueprints and project specifications as an involved project manager, for a variety of commercial industries (education, government, healthcare, industrial, commercial offices, retail, etc).
- Collaborates with other team members (design, productions, purchasing, quality control, service, lease fleet manager, etc) to provide solutions to customers that ensure projects are delivered on time & within budget.
- Displays positive attitude & drive to cultivated product excellence & customer satisfaction at a level that maximizes opportunities for repeat business; including tactfully handling Client disputes.
- Some local and long distance travel required.
- Skill in negotiation and networking; including potential client sources, industry associations, and relationships with subcontractors (site work, installation, transportation & other services).
- Achieve or exceed Sales related quotas and goals. Follows established sales & project management processes’; including prospect follow up & timely reporting displaying and attention to detail. Maintain accurate documentation on customer quotes, sales contracts and specifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ideal Candidate would have a four year college degree, as well as three or more years experience in construction sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the commercial modular building industry, construction project management & design/build with Technical aptitude with knowledge of construction methods, permitting, codes and certification parameters (such as LEED & other energy management systems) – Preferred
- Experience with government contracting. Both local & federal and have self motivated, resourceful work & learning habits that thrive in an environment of minimal supervision. Be competent in organization & time management skills, negotiation, presentation, and consistent project communication skills.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION: Wage DOE and Modern offers a competitive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to Join Our Team, download and complete Modern’s application. (REQUIRED)
Email or Fax your resume, Modern’s completed application with wage history to:
Human Resources – Account / Project Manger
Modern Building Systems
P.O. Box 110
Aumsville, OR 97325
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Modern Building Systems is the oldest continuously licensed commercial building manufacturer in Oregon, Washington and California. Modern Building has been active in all phases of constructions, including design, engineering, manufacturing and planning services for its customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes. For more information on our company, go to www.ModernBuildingSystems.com.