To coordinate all materials purchasing and factory fabrication of buildings the company sells and to assist in functions of company manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Opening and lock up/Security of facility
• Prepare detailed job costing information, and track budget
• Prepare project schedules
• Work with purchasing department on materials and inventory
• Supervise assistant plant manager and line supervisors and work in an organized and timely manner
• Supervise the day to day manufacturing functions of the plant
• Responsible for promoting safety
• Safety training and enforcement
• Advocate Company objectives, structure and relationship
• Supervise submittal process of material requisitions
• Coordinate project meetings to discuss production schedules, budgets, quality control
• Coordinate schedule for shipping and site crews
• Supervise the follow through of projects
• Coordinate with engineering methods of fabrication, and use of materials
• Coordinate with engineering methods of planning that will improve production, dimension lines, coordinate line consistency
• Coordinate with HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical departments
• Supervise performance evaluations for production employees
• Promote employee morale and positive attitude
• Supervision of more than (60) employees
• Overseeing the installation of commercial building products
• Coordinating activities with other department supervisors
• Understanding and controlling labor budgets
• Quality Control
• Inventory control and tracking
• Interviewing, hiring, employee’s reviews and discipline as required
• Other duties may be assigned
Personally be aware of all activities in the production areas. Inform administration at any time of proposed changes to schedule, building details or materials. Keep sales and estimating abreast of trends and proposed price changes in the area of building materials. Checkup frequently on the safety habits and methods in production. Checkup frequently on the labor analysis, labor budget and the productivity of the crew.
You must possess a basic knowledge of building codes. Have a thorough understanding of construction materials and methods. Organize and direct people. Have a positive attitude and self-motivation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
This is a “take charge” position that requires outstanding supervisor skills, communication and Organizational skills. He/she will also have the highest level of integrity, excellent leadership/team building skills, a positive attitude.
• Must have 10 years of verifiable construction experience.
• Knowledge of commercial building materials, methods and codes.
• Good conceptual skill.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Highly organized skills.
• Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple priorities.
• Extensive knowledge of building codes.
• Good knowledge of OSHA rules and Regulations and SDS Program.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION: Wage $80,000 + DOE and Modern offers a competitive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to http://www.modernbuildingsystems.com/about/join-our-team/ to submit your resume. (Required)
Email or Fax your resume and Modern’s completed application to:
Human Resources – Production Manager
Modern Building Systems
P.O. Box 110
Aumsville, OR 97325
Modern Building Systems is the oldest continuously licensed commercial building manufacturer in Oregon, Washington and California. Modern Building has been active in all phases of constructions, including design, engineering, manufacturing and planning services for its customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes. For more information on our company, go to www.ModernBuildingSystems.com.